Tuesday, November 29, 2011

King of the Hill


Anyone know anything about the 2012 King of the Hill Trail Running Series? And by "know anything" I mean: What are the "fun" challenges they claim to have along they way? And, what's up with Gut Check Fitness?--are they legit? I don't not know anything...I mean...I know some stuff. This is what I do know about it:

1. Four races up to the top of San Diego's "toughest" peaks
2. Each race gets progressively longer...culminating in a 22 mile race called Rabbit Peak...or maybe it's at Rabbit Peak?
3. They all seem hard

I've been wanting to do more trail running... but is this series over my head for starters if I've only done two trail races in my life?

Anyone done it or know someone who has?

1 comment:

  1. Seems pretty hard core for a beginner. I'd stick with the Dirt Devil series put on by The Running Institute and maybe Xterra's two local races (not easy but you can at least run them). Then again, if face plants aren't a big concern, you might see how you fare at the Mt. Woodson one and decide from there.

    ReplyDelete