Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Mechanic's Advice

I found out recently that the mechanic I've been going to for the last 10 years, Fred Muranyi, used to run with the San Diego Track Club (or something like that...) back in the 70's. He's since stopped running long distance, but gave me some good advice while we chatted about the philosophies of ChiRunning and other techniques.

His run club used to tell them to, "Run as if someone is pushing you in the small of your back." So I tried that today, and it really works. It's kinda creepy! I imagined someone gently pushing me along and everything else relaxed and my form became more fluid and comfortable. And, it even made me go a little faster.

So thanks Fred!
And by the way: if you're looking for a good mechanic, Muranyi Automotive is the best. Honesty is so important--and Fred is as good as they come!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try that technique. Fred sounds like he's a running sage.

    ReplyDelete