Tuesday, February 15, 2011

San Dieguito Race Report (sort of)

Looks like I'll only be posting when I run a race...soooo that's shaping up to be about once a month. With Carlsbad last month and San Dieguito last Sunday, that leaves Washington DC's National Marathon & Half next month (I'm doing the 1/2 for my 30th birthday), then La Jolla in April, and possibly the OC Marathon and/or a couple trail races in May... Yikes.

Yikes-- especially since Sunday's San Dieguito halfer was one of the hardest races I've done in a while. First, the sun was shiny and bright which does me in even if the air is still cool (which it was for a while) and second because of the hills. The person who told me this race has "rolling hills" is now number one on my "Do Not Consult" list. There were plenty of rolls going UP but not so many going down.

The Hash House Harriers and volunteers did their best to make it fun, i.e. Sangria at mile 4 and beer at mile 12,
the Queen of England,


...this guy...


and good scenery (gorgeous, multi-million dollar homes, loads of trees and ponds and horses). But, for all its good looks and the fun it tried to be, I don't see myself doing it again unless I fall in love with hills (which won't happen) or the Hashers start serving Bloody Marys at the start line.

2 comments:

  1. I could have warned you!

    Funny because yesterday a friend said she was going to do the El Cajon 20k and I replied, "Oh, that's my favorite local race!" and she went white and said, "Great. That means it's bot major hills." True! True!

    That schedule will help keep you at it even when the weather sucks. And D.C. in March is beautiful when the cherry blossoms are abloomin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my keyboard keeps sticking, which is why I'm incapable of leaving typo-free comments anymore :-)

    ReplyDelete