Friday, February 12, 2010

Dear Hip,


Tomorrow is a big day for us--our first long run in over two weeks. I've done everything I can possibly do to help you heal. Given you the best care I could afford for two whole weeks. So psych yourself up for tomorrow's early run to La Jolla because it's time to hold up your end of the... body. If you get me there and back again, I promise you an extra long foam roll and a real ice bath this time--not just 10 minutes in the freezing cold pool. I appreciate you, Hip and Flexor, and am looking forward to our time tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Me


In this month's issue of Runner's World, there is a great article about how to ease your way back into training after an injury. The article is 6 pages long, but if you click here it will take you the "Listen to Your Body" section I found most helpful. This is how I am approaching my post-injury-countdown-to-the-start-line training program. Perhaps some of my fellow injurees will find it helpful. (Though chances are high you, too, subscribe to Runner's World and already read this).

In any case,
Keep on truckin'

1 comment:

  1. Thank you - am not a subscriber and had not seen the article! I need to read this, rather than getting caught up in fantasies of pounding across the Golden Gate Bridge in 5 week's time!

    I saw on Daily Mile your hip was 'OK' today - hope it enjoys the ice and decides to quieten down again quickly.

    ReplyDelete