Sunday, April 18, 2010

Upcoming Races in San Diego


I signed up for my first-ever trail race a couple weeks ago. I never considered doing trail races until recently...don't know why it never crossed my mind. I like trails. I like running. I like races. Combine=happy.

A friend and I will be doing the Cinco de Mayo Trail Run 10K at Lake Poway on May 8th... (maybe they should change the name since May 5th obviously will not always fall on a Sunday. just a thought.) Since my last experience at Lake Poway was a bit...precarious...I want to use this an opportunity to make some good memories there.

And just in case you live here and are looking for a race this Spring or Summer to train for--or if you are somewhere else and looking for a reason to come to San Diego this Spring or Summer-- here are some upcoming races in which you might be interested:

Trail Races:

Run for San Diego River 5K Trail Run and Walk (May 8)
Location: Lakeside

Mission Gorge Trail Run 5K, 15K (May 30)
Location: Mission Gorge

Dirt Devil Race Series 5K, 10K, 15K (Race 3: August 1, Race 4: October 10)
Location: Mission Trails (Equestrian Center)



Road Races:

The Navy's 24th Original Bay Bridge Run/Walk (May 16)
Location: Gaslamp Quarter downtown and over the bridge to Tidelands Park in Coronado

Riverfest Run 5K, 1K Fun Run (May 18)
Location: Qualcomm/River Trail

America's Finest City Half Marathon and 5K (August 15)
Location: Cabrillo National Monument to Balboa Park

Free To Breathe Lung Cancer 5K Run/Walk (August 21)
Location: Liberty Station, Point Loma



ONLY IF YOU'RE CRAZY (like Ultra Runner Will:

San Diego 100 Mile Endurance Run (June 12-13)
Location: Descanso

1 comment:

  1. I do hope you enjoy the lake more than last time! I have done just a couple of trail runs and the following thoughts spring to mind:
    - Loved how friendly everyone was, and really enjoyed the scenery and varied terrain.
    - Hated, hated the hills and my per-mile time was abysmal compared to road running. Also felt the risk of injury (tumbles) is much higher due to the terrain...
    So, please enjoy the nature, but keep your eyes on the trail too!

    ReplyDelete