Sunday, August 15, 2010

America's Finest City Half Marathon: A Letter

Dear Muse Pandora Station:

I'd like to start out by saying that I'm really sorry I was so pissed at you this morning (at 7am), when the gun went off, and you weren't able to "access my Pandora account" because there was no wireless signal at the top of Cabrillo. I said some things, and made some threats, that I ultimately didn't mean...and I'm sorry if I embarrassed you in front of other runners by calling you some things I probably shouldn't repeat ever again. I realize now you were trying your best and ultimately it made me appreciate you more when we got down to Scott Street at mile 4 and you started with "Uprising." That really meant a lot and made me say, "Fuck Yeah" out loud... maybe a little too loud... but I'm sure you remember.

Then at mile 7, when I got pissed again because you started playing an acoustic guitar song and I thought, "What the 'f'! This is a Muse station not f'ing Dashboard Confessionals bullcuss. But then it turned out to be that American Idol kid's rendition of Rhihanna's "Umbrella" and it was f'ing awesome. So awesome, in fact, I ran that mile at a 7:30 pace and danced half the time...which made some of the runners guffaw at me the way I used to guffaw at those dancing-running-idiots. Thank you for making me one of those idiots.

Last, I would like to thank you for helping me to 1.) PR 2.) ignore the garlic burps from last night's Italian dinner and 3.) not be bothered by other people's smells, sounds, and poorly-chosen-eye-offending running outfits-- all things that usually get me down.

Pandora Muse Station, you cussing rocked my world. Literally. So thank you.

Sincerely,
Asha

P.S. Maybe next time you can throw in a Queen song too. I'd f'ing love that.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Ashley,
    You make me laugh out loud in my kitchen as I read your blogs! You are potentially the funniest person I know. Really. Thank you for this letter.
    Sincerely,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete