Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Eliminate GI Issues


Now that I'm trying to run faster, I've been experiencing more stomach/intestinal pain and cramping during and after my tempo runs. So I turned to my friends at Runner's World, yet again (I should be their official spokesperson since I promote them so much!), for a solution to this painful, annoying, and performance inhibiting issue. I found the following article very helpful. If you get chills, cramps, and have to make frequent runs for the bathroom during or after your runs, then you should read this article too. It explains the scientific reasons behind this biological bedevilment and how to eat properly before and after a run to ensure freedom from cramping and... well, you know.
Article: Runner's Digest: Eliminate stomach trouble with our short list of foods to eat--and avoid

No comments:

Post a Comment