Monday, May 17, 2010

For ten days I must


learn to live without running outside and going to happy hour. Watch out, friends, this could get ugly.

I don't know what Kaiser's deal is, but about every three days they call to tell me that there is new antibiotic I need to take. I'm not big on acronyms, but WTF?! I'm not going to lie, when the pharmacist told me I couldn't have alcohol with the second prescription, I wanted to cry a little. I had happy hour plans with a teacher friend of mine--and I was reeeally looking forward to a margarita that week. Well...I could drink, but I'd most likely throw up and possibly go into a coma. No thank you. The third prescription, received today, restricts my sun use to NONE.

Now the happy hour stuff I can live without...if I can run! Now what I am going to do after work? My two favorite activities have been taken away from me. I can't handle the gym--that's probably where I got these infections in the first place. Sheesh. Maybe I'm supposed to use this as a time to grow. Find a new hobby. Like house cleaning. Or maybe I should get back into watching TV. Yeah. TV. No one ever gets infections from being a couch potato.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Just because you can't consume alcohol doesn't mean you can't be around it. I'd go to the Happy Hour and just order a virgin margarita. They water them down anyway for us cheapskates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell I've some serious catching up to do. Is your 10 days now over? Or have our good friends(!) at Kaiser come up with further exotic treatments for you? I hope you're feeling better, in any case. But yes, you're right, sadly couch-potato-ing is a pretty safe hobby.

    ReplyDelete