Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Eggnog Pancakes (by the hubs)

This morning I woke up and found this note in the kitchen:

"Hey Baby Girl, I made enchiladas and tried to make eggnog pancakes but the pancakes kept burning. I saved a couple that look bad but taste okay. I love you! Have a great day!!"

Mind you, I went to bed at 11:00 PM last night...mmm hm. (My husband has trouble sleeping sometimes.) I was really happy to wake up to a pre-made breakfast I could pop in the toaster oven, and a lunch I could put in some tuperware and heat up at work later! Great way to start the day. Now I'll be honest, the pancakes were definitely burned; however, despite their charred appearance, they did taste really good.

Tonight, after we got a Target Christmas Tree,* I decided to mess with his recipe. I think I found the correct proportions so the eggnog won't burn before the pancakes are cooked. They're just as tasty and look good too. (Please note: Do not make if you don't like eggnog. DUH.)

The Hub's Eggnog Pancakes

2 C Trader Joe's Multigrain Baking & Pancake Mix
2 eggs
1/2 C nonfat milk
3/4 C low fat eggnog
1/4 t nutmeg

Be sure to cook on Medium-Low heat... patience is key.


*This is how I know my husband and I were meant for each other: we are both okay with walking into the garden section of Target, deciding how much we are willing to spend on a tree, and then deciding that every tree--no matter how misshapen--needs and deserves a home. Thus, there is nothing wrong with buying a tree before unbinding it. (I'm a big fan of underdogs.)

I have to say... this year's tree might have been a reject if we had looked at it before buying. However, I'm glad we didn't look because we are giving this (rather "holey") tree a good home. It will even be the center of attention at our Second Annual German Pickle Holiday Party. 'Tis the season to love the fuglies** too. Am I right?

** f'ing uglies

3 comments:

  1. What a fab hubby! Be sure to hang onto him.
    And your tree-buying philosophy is totally commendable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! (And I NEVER use abbreviations, not even texting.) I see Pumpkin Pancakes are listed over on the right had blogroll...tell me you use the TJ's mix. Remind me to tell you how Nikolai and I stocked up on 6--yes, 6--boxes of the yummyness in order to have pumpkin pancakes in August, as the check out guy said.

    Glad the "new running buddies" made the blog, and I'm signing up for an update. Yet another satisified reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your husband. but not like that. don't let him read that comment, he's going to act all creepy next time he sees me. ahem, anyway - that's really cute, and i can't wait to try that pancake recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete